Maple Strawberry Granola Bars
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In a bowl, combine both flours, the maple sugar and oats. Add the margarine and vanilla, then use two knives to cut the fat into the flour until crumbly.
- Spread this mixture in the bottom of a 33×23-cm (13×9-inch) baking tin lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten and press down on the surface with your hands. Bake for about 15 minutes or until it starts to turn golden.
- In the meantime, use a mixer to beat the eggs, tofu, maple syrup and milk together until smooth.
- Spread the strawberry slices over the crust and pour the tofu mixture on top.
- Continue cooking for about 35 minutes or until the top turns golden. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Is your day work work work, then a workout? These granola bars are a great snack at the end of the work day, 60 minutes before your workout. They provide complex carbohydrates along with protein and fibre to give you the stamina you need. This recipe is also a delicious way to introduce tofu to your children! Per bar: 179 calories; 4 g protein; 8 g fat; 22 g carbohydrates;3 g fibre.