- Warm milk and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until butter has melted.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks with flour and maple syrup.
- Pour a little bit of hot milk to warm up the mixture, then pour in the rest of the milk and simmer until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form. Add to the milk mixture along with the cheddar folding the entire mixture with a spatula.
- Butter a non-stick pan and heat over medium heat.
- Pour a ladle of crepe mix and tilt the pan for the mixture to evenly coat the surface.
- Let the crepe cook for about 45 seconds, then fold in half and cook for another 30 seconds. Repeat in order to obtain a total of 4 crepes.
- Serve hot with maple syrup.