Sausage Couscous with Maple Syrup
- Boil the sausages in a saucepan for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown the vegetables for about 3 to 4 minutes and season to taste.
- Add 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of maple syrup and the stock then bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Add the couscous, mix and sprinkle with oregano.
- Cover and let sit for 5 minutes or all liquid is absorbed.
- Drain the sausages and cut in half lengthways.
- Heat the rest of the oil in pan and brown the sausages over medium-high heat.
- Mix 60 ml (1/4 cup) of maple syrup with Dijon mustard and orange juice and pour over the sausages. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes to caramelize.
- Serve immediately on top of couscous.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.