- In a thick-bottom saucepan, pour 60 ml (1/4 cup) of maple syrup and allow caramelizing over high heat.
- Remove from heat and gently add (because it can splash) the rest of the syrup and cream. Return to the heat and bring to a boil.
- Dissolve starch in the milk and pour in a small fillet in the syrup and cream mixture, stirring with a whisk. Over medium heat, allow to thicken this sauce, then remove from heat and let cool.
- Heat a large skillet, melt the butter and brown the pineapple sticks on each side.
- Place pineapple sticks on a large plate, sprinkle with marshmallow pieces and maple sauce. The poutine is ready to taste!