- In a frying pan, brown the onion and peppers in oil and maple syrup. Allow to reduce until most liquid evaporated.
- Transfer to a bowl until warm. Add chicken and salsa. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Spread the tortillas on a work surface. Sprinkle cheese over each half, and cover with vegetable and chicken mixture. Fold back and close tortillas, then squeeze lightly.
- In a large non-stick skillet, brown the first quesadillas in a little oil over low heat for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer them onto a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep them warm while others are cooking.
- Serve hot with sour cream and salsa.