Maple Walnut Bread
- Heat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a large bowl combine flours, starch, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, cinnamon and salt.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter turns a nut brown color. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine maple syrup, buttermilk and eggs. Stir in browned butter.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until just combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a well-greased 23×12-cm (9×5-in) loaf pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, until risen and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Number of servings (yield): 1 loaf