Maple Syrup Pudding
- Preheat the oven to 150 ° C (300 ° F)
- Slit the vanilla bean lengthwise and run your knife along the bean to remove the seeds.
- Warm the milk, maple sugar, and vanilla in a pot over low heat. Turn heat off right before this reaches a boil.
- Beat the eggs and egg yolk in a bowl and add the warm liquid and the cream. Mix and strain through a strainer.
- Pour into a heatproof dish, place the dish in a pan of hot water, and bake for 40 minutes in a 150 ˚C (300 ˚F) oven. Another option: Pour the mixture into small ovenproof jars and place them in a dish filled with hot water.
- When it cools down, place in a refrigerator to chill well. Top with maple syrup before eating.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.