- Preheat the oven to 150 ° C (300 ° F)
- Slit the vanilla bean lengthwise and run your knife along the bean to remove the seeds.
- Warm the milk, maple sugar, and vanilla in a pot over low heat. Turn heat off right before this reaches a boil.
- Beat the eggs and egg yolk in a bowl and add the warm liquid and the cream. Mix and strain through a strainer.
- Pour into a heatproof dish, place the dish in a pan of hot water, and bake for 40 minutes in a 150 ˚C (300 ˚F) oven.
- When it cools down, place in a refrigerator to chill well. Top with maple syrup before eating.