Maple Sugar Jujubes
- In a thick bottom casserole, combine orange juice, maple syrup, lemon juice and maple sugar and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add butter and continue to boil for 4 minutes.
- Dissolve the gelatin in water and add to the hot mixture.
- Remove from heat and transfer onto a cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Once set, cut the jelly into pieces to form jujubes. Let them rest in room temperature for 48 hours on a grilled surface, then coat with maple sugar.
- Keep in a cool and dry place, such as the pantry.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Yield: about 750 ml (3 cups) of jujubes