- In a thick bottom casserole, combine orange juice, maple syrup, lemon juice and maple sugar and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add butter and continue to boil for 4 minutes.
- Dissolve the gelatin in water and add to the hot mixture.
- Remove from heat and transfer onto a cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Once set, cut the jelly into pieces to form jujubes. Let them rest in room temperature for 48 hours on a grilled surface, then coat with maple sugar.
- Keep in a cool and dry place, such as the pantry.
Yield: about 750 ml (3 cups) of jujubes