- Using a potato masher, mash the chickpeas in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the croquette ingredients, except the butter. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- On your workspace, form the salmon mixture into 12 croquettes, each about 7 cm (2¾ in) in diameter and set aside.
- Put the flour onto a shallow dish.
- In a bowl, combine the beaten eggs and maple syrup.
- Put the breadcrumbs onto another shallow dish.
- Dredge each croquette in flour, then dip into egg mixture, and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Place each breaded croquette, one by one, on a plate or baking sheet.
Refrigeration Time: 1 hour