- Soak dried fruits in the water and maple syrup for 1 to 2 hours, or soften them in the water and syrup in the microwave for 1 to 3 minutes, depending on the power of your appliance.
- Puree in a food processor or blender.
- Place in a large bowl, add all other ingredients, and mix with a spoon.
- Lay out a sheet of parchment or wax paper and place the mixture on it. Form a tight roll.
- Put roll in freezer for at least 2 hours. Take out and cut into disks.
- Keeps up to 1 week in an airtight container in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer.
Nutritional value of 1 portion (2 disks):
138 kilocalories; 28 g of carbohydrates; 4 g of fibre; 2 g of protein; 2 g of fat.