- Preheat the oven to 220 °C (425 °F).
- Pour 5 ml (1 teaspoon) vegetable oil into the cavities of a 12-muffin mold and slide into oven.
- In a bowl, combine flour and maple sugar. Add in milk, stirring to a smooth consistency.
- Incorporate eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then set aside.
- Remove muffin mold from oven. Divide and pour batter into each cavity, filling 2/3 full, then return to oven 15 more minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 180 °C (350 °F) and continue baking 15 minutes.
- Remove muffin mold from oven and let cool 10 minutes before unmolding popovers.
- Serve as a snack with fresh cheese, yogurt or whipped cream.