- Preheat the oven to 220 °C (425 °F).
- Pour 5 ml (1 teaspoon) vegetable oil into the cavities of a 12-muffin mold and slide into oven.
- In a bowl, combine flour and maple sugar. Add in milk, stirring to a smooth consistency.
- Incorporate eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then set aside.
- Remove muffin mold from oven. Divide and pour batter into each cavity, filling 2/3 full, then return to oven 15 more minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 180 °C (350 °F) and continue baking 15 minutes.
- Remove muffin mold from oven and let cool 10 minutes before unmolding popovers.
- Serve as a snack with fresh cheese, yogurt or whipped cream.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.