- In a saucepan, bring milk to a gentle boil.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks, maple sugar, flour, maple syrup and corn starch until uniform.
- Pour hot milk gently over mixture and beat in well. Make sure mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
- Return to the saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once mixture has thickened, remove from heat, add butter and mix until creamy.
- Pour into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap making sure wrap is in direct contact with surface of cream. Refrigerate at least 3 hours until cream sets.
- Pour into a pastry bag with a #5 plain tip and fill cake.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Makes: enough for 1 cake (25 cm /10 in).