- In a saucepan, bring milk to a gentle boil.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks, maple sugar, flour, maple syrup and corn starch until uniform.
- Pour hot milk gently over mixture and beat in well. Make sure mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
- Return to the saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once mixture has thickened, remove from heat, add butter and mix until creamy.
- Pour into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap making sure wrap is in direct contact with surface of cream. Refrigerate at least 3 hours until cream sets.
- Pour into a pastry bag with a #5 plain tip and fill cake.
Makes: enough for 1 cake (25 cm /10 in).