- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together butter, maple sugar, egg and maple syrup until creamy. Pour over dry ingredients and mix until nice and smooth.
- Remove a little dough, flatten slightly and place a few candies in the middle. Fold dough in order to trap candy inside, then roll into balls between your hands. Coat in chopped nuts and arrange on cookie sheet.
- Repeat step 4 until all ingredients are used, spacing balls 2.5 cm (1 in) apart.
- Bake 12 and let cool before biting in.