- Brush a cookie sheet with canola oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together popcorn and nuts.
- In a 2-L (8-cup) bowl, combine maple syrup and butter. Use a little butter to baste inside rim bowl and prevent caramel from overflowing while cooking. Microwave 8 minutes.
- While stirring vigorously, add baking soda, then pour caramel over popcorn and nuts. Mix to coat well.
- Immediately spread mixture on cookie sheet, then leave to harden 30 minutes. Break into small pieces and munch away.
Resting Time: 30 minutes