- Sift together flour and baking powder. Reserve the dry ingredients.
- Mix the butter and maple sugar in a bowl and beat until well blended with a mixer. Add egg and egg yolk and mix. Add milk and mix well. Add blueberries and lemon zest, mix lightly.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Lightly butter the muffin molds or line with baking cups and pour in the batter.
- Lightly indent the tops, fill the indentations with maple spread, and bake for about 20 minutes in a 180 °C (350 °F) oven.
Pour batter that has been lightly sweetened with maple sugar into molds, and add a shake of Arimoto Magic before baking. Make a shallow indentation in the top and stuff with maple spread. Your muffins will bake up with a crunchy surface and be very fragrant. It’s something you can only do with maple spread!