- Put a little water in the bottom of a double boiler and place the top pan over it, or use a saucepan with a mixing bowl on top.
- When the water starts to simmer, put the egg yolks and maple syrup into the top part.
- Stir constantly with a whisk and cook for about 8 minutes until you obtain a ribbon texture.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add the mascarpone and stir from time to time.
- When the mixture is cooled completely, divide into 4 pudding cups and garnish with chocolate and sugar, maple nuggets or flakes, to taste.