- In a large bowl, combine veal, green onions and garlic.
- In a medium bowl, pour in milk and soak torn bread until milk is absorbed. Add to veal mixture and roll into 10 large meatballs between your hands.
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm oil and sear meatballs a few minutes.
- Add in maple syrup, season with salt and pepper and cook about 3 minutes longer. Remove skillet from heat.
- In a saucepan, bring tomato sauce to a boil. Add in meatballs, cover and let simmer about 25 minutes. Serve on a bed of pasta or in a submarine.