- In a large saucepan, bring maple syrup and butter to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add cream and continue cooking until the temperature reads 118°C (245°F) on a candy thermometer*.
- Meanwhile, grease and line a square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove maple syrup and cream mixture from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Using a whisk, beat for 5 minutes until thick.
- Add walnuts and pour into baking pan.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.
*The candy thermometer is essential for this recipe. Unfortunately we have not tested the recipe without this thermometer.