- In a large saucepan, bring maple syrup and butter to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add cream and continue cooking until the temperature reads 118°C (245°F) on a candy thermometer*.
- Meanwhile, grease and line a square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove maple syrup and cream mixture from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Using a whisk, beat for 5 minutes until thick.
- Add walnuts and pour into baking pan.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
*The candy thermometer is essential for this recipe. Unfortunately we have not tested the recipe without this thermometer.