- Cut the vegetables into julienne strips and steam all, except for the zucchini, for 5 minutes. Add the zucchini strips and steam for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Melt butter in a frying pan.
- Add maple syrup and cook for one minute while stirring.
- Add the vegetables to the pan and coat in the maple sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Broil the pecans in the oven on high heat. Serve the vegetables with the broiled pecans. Sprinkle with maple sugar pieces, if desired.