- Line a cooking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour maple syrup into a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, keeping a close watch.
- Let simmer until a drop of hot syrup turns to hard candy when dropped into a glass of very cold water.
- Meanwhile, insert a popsicle stick into the centre of each apple.
- Dip apples one by one into the hot caramel. Remove excess caramel with a spatula and place, head down, on the cooking sheet.
- Chill in refrigerator or keep at room temperature for 1 hour or so until caramel sets.
Refrigeration Time: 1 hour