Maple & Butternut Squash Mac ‘N Cheese
- In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion and squash in butter.
- Add maple syrup, and stir 1 minute before adding the milk. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook macaroni until al dente. Drain and return pasta to the pan.
- In a blender, purée squash and onions into a smooth sauce.
- Pour over macaroni, add cheddar and paprika, and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well, transfer into a buttered casserole dish, sprinkle with mozzarella, and broil for a few minutes until cheese is golden.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.