Maple Baked Apples
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Cut apples in two (horizontally) and remove core with a melon baller.
- In a bowl, mix together maple sugar, butter and salt to form a soft paste.
- Arrange 4 cored half-apples in a buttered ovenproof dish. Pour maple paste in their cavities and smother in maple syrup.
- Cover with remaining half-apples to recreate apple shapes and bake around 35 minutes, or until apples are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let stand a few minutes before serving with a scoop of ice cream.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.