- Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Place puff pastry on a baking sheet and cut into 2.5 cm (1 in) cubes. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper and another baking sheet of the same size as first.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan. Add pear cubes and fry for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add maple syrup and caramelize for 2 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Before serving, assemble the verrines by adding puff pastry cubes, maple pear cubes and whipped cream, in that order.
- Garnish each verrine with maple flakes and serve.