- Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Place puff pastry on a baking sheet and cut into 2.5 cm (1 in) cubes. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper and another baking sheet of the same size as first.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan. Add pear cubes and fry for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add maple syrup and caramelize for 2 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Before serving, assemble the verrines by adding puff pastry cubes, maple pear cubes and whipped cream, in that order.
- Garnish each verrine with maple flakes and serve.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.