Maple Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Using a mixer, beat the margarine and Greek yogurt together in a bowl with the maple sugar and maple syrup until the mixture turns pale and slightly frothy.
- Add the eggs one by one, then the vanilla and continue mixing until smooth. In another bowl, combine the flour, powdered milk, oats and bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the dry ingredients into the sugar mixture and mix until a smooth paste forms.
- Add the cranberries and mix in using a wooden spoon.
- Shape into balls of about 60 ml (1/4 cup) and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. You may need to bake in two batches depending on quantity. Flatten the balls with your fingers.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 or until the cookies turn a light golden colour. The cookies will finish cooking out of the oven.
- Allow to cool completely.
What better way to finish off a strenuous workout than nibbling on a delicious cookie? With its combination of carbohydrates and protein, this treat is perfect for recovering after a high intensity workout. Divide the recipe into 24 portions for a lighter snack or for children. For those with a sweet tooth, replace half a cup of cranberries with chocolate chips.
Per biscuit: 329 calories; 10 g protein; 7 g fat; 58 g carbohydrates; 4 g fibre.