- Pre-heat oven to 150 °C (300 °F).
- Butter a 22.5-cm (9-in) square pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the base recipe for All-Purpose Maple Dough and add the almonds to it.
- Spread dough in pan and sprinkle with maple sugar flakes.
- Bake 40 minutes or until top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 135 °C (275 °F).
- Use a knife to detach the baked dough from the sides of the pan. Lift out and invert onto a wooden board.
- Remove paper and allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Cut into pieces 2 cm (7/8 in) thick.
- Stand biscotti on their cut sides on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake 1 hour more.
These biscotti will keep, in an airtight container, for about 1 week in a cool, dry place, or 3 months in the freezer.