- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flours, baking powder, salt and maple sugar). Incorporate butter using a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix and form dough into a ball.
- Flour a work surface, then pat or roll dough to a 2 cm (3/4 in) thickness. Using a 6-cm (2 1/2-in) cookie cutter, cut out 10 dough rounds, then transfer to a cookie sheet.
- Cover with a clean cloth and let dough rise 30 minutes in a draft-free place.
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Bake bannock 30 minutes.