General Syrup’s Chicken
- Coat chicken cubes in cornstarch.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, flour, baking powder and salt, add chicken and coat well with the mixture.
- In a frying pan, heat oil over high heat and add chicken.
- Sauté chicken, stirring often, for about 10 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and no longer pink on the inside.
- Remove chicken from heat and prepare the sauce.
- In a saucepan, add sesame oil, ginger and green onions, and cook for 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add water and maple syrup and simmer for another minute.
- Meanwhile, dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce and chili sauce in a bowl, then pour into the saucepan. Cook for 2 more minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Add chicken to sauce and serve with your choice of rice.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
The recipe sauce can be kept for 1 month in the refrigerator and 3 months in the freezer.