- Coat chicken cubes in cornstarch.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, flour, baking powder and salt, add chicken and coat well with the mixture.
- In a frying pan, heat oil over high heat and add chicken.
- Sauté chicken, stirring often, for about 10 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and no longer pink on the inside.
- Remove chicken from heat and prepare the sauce.
- In a saucepan, add sesame oil, ginger and green onions, and cook for 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add water and maple syrup and simmer for another minute.
- Meanwhile, dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce and chili sauce in a bowl, then pour into the saucepan. Cook for 2 more minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Add chicken to sauce and serve with your choice of rice.
The recipe sauce can be kept for 1 month in the refrigerator and 3 months in the freezer.