- Arrange the kebab ingredients on skewers by alternating pieces of chicken, onions and apples.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a dish large enough to fit 4 kebabs.
- Place the kebabs in the dish and coat with marinade. Let sit for approx. 2 to 4 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium high. Remove the kebabs from the marinade.
- Reserve 250 ml (1 cup) of the marinade and set aside.
- Barbecue the kebabs for 7 minutes*. Turn them over, baste with marinade and cook for another 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade in a casserole. Add cranberries and maple syrup. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the kebabs.
* You can also broil the kebabs on the top oven rack, or cook them in a regular oven for 30 minutes, or until done.