- Start by making a maple pastry cream.
- In a round-bottomed bowl, cream together the egg yolks and sugar.
- Add 60 ml (1/4 cup) of milk, the flour and beat thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat remaining milk with the maple syrup.
- Pour this mixture over the egg yolks, beating constantly. Pour back into sauce pan and heat over medium heat until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Refrigerate.
- To serve, decorate the centre of each plate with pastry cream using a pastry bag.
- Arrange fresh fruit on plates, sprinkle with granulated maple sugar and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Serve with assorted fancy cookies, if desired.