Preparing the dough
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream maple taffy and butter. Add egg and vanilla, then beat another 2 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients and fold in with a spatula. Set aside.
- Mix maple sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl, then set aside.
- Form little balls of dough of about 4 cm (1 1/2 in). Roll them in the maple sugar and cinnamon mixture. Arrange on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Leave to cool on a rack.
- For the cream, using an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese, maple butter and salt.
- Spread half of cooled cookies with cranberry jam and the other half with maple butter cream.
- Stick the two halves together. Decorate as desired.