Banana and Maple Muffins
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F) and butter a muffin pan.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon or coriander and chopped walnuts (dry ingredients).
- In a second bowl, blend bananas, eggs, canola oil and maple syrup (wet ingredients).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until just moistened.
- Pour batter into muffin cups and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until metal skewer or knife inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven, transfer to a wire rack and let cool slightly before unmolding.
- Microwave the maple butter for a few seconds to soften it.
- Glaze with maple butter. Garnish with walnut halves.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.