- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F) and butter a muffin pan.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon or coriander and chopped walnuts (dry ingredients).
- In a second bowl, blend bananas, egg, canola oil and maple syrup (wet ingredients).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until just moistened.
- Pour batter into muffin cups and bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, transfer to a wire rack and let cool slightly before unmolding.
- Glaze with maple butter. Garnish with walnut halves.