- In a large saucepan, sauté the vegetables and rice in the butter for about 3 minutes.
- Add the water and cinnamon; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat as low as possible. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a large skillet, sauté the chick peas and the onion in the oil for 1 minute, then add the maple syrup and allow to caramelize about 2. Keep the caramelized chick peas warm.
- Add the cilantro to the vegetable pilaf.
- Divide among 4 large bowls and top with maple-caramelized chick peas.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.