- For the dough, add butter and water to a saucepan, then bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add flour and salt, then mix to a stiff dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, sauté all vegetables in olive oil and maple syrup for 5 minutes. Add parsley, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Place rack in middle of oven and preheat to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Roll out dough with a rolling pin and cut into 15-cm (6-in) discs. Place discs in muffin moulds and fill each with an equal amount of root vegetables.
- Seal each parcel by pinching dough sides together firmly.
- For the glaze, beat egg yolk with cream. Brush parcels and sprinkle with maple sugar.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before removing from moulds.